Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021

Community feedback surveyTracking COVID-19 at UCLACrosstown Clash 2021

UCPD searching for man who sexually assaulted student at off-campus party

The suspect was described by UCPD as an Indian or Persian individual between the ages of 18 and 23. (Courtesy of UCPD)

By Sydney Coneeny

This post was updated Oct. 18 at 5:15 p.m. University police are searching for a man who sexually assaulted a UCLA student Friday. The man sexually assaulted a female student between midnight and 12:30 a.m. at an off-campus party. The man then left the party and was last seen heading north on Gayley Ave. UCPD described him as an Indian or Persian individual between the ages of 18 and 23, 5 feet, 7 inches to 5 feet, 11 inches, medium build with black hair, brown eyes and a short beard. He was last seen wearing a shirt with a tuxedo print and black pants. UCPD has released photos of the suspect and is attempting to identify him. Anyone with information regarding Friday’s assault can contact UCPD at (310) 825-9371.

Sydney Coneeny | City and Crime editor
Coneeny is the 2018-2019 assistant News editor for the City and Crime beat. She was previously a contributor for the National News and Higher Education beat. She is a second-year pre-global studies student from the east coast.
Help Wanted

Remote Linux System Administrator I need someone to install updates, complete some projects and to be available for emergency issues that come up now and then with my web server/asterisk PBX servers. Experience required: apache/lets encrypt, sendmail/dovecot, asterisk/freePBX, php/mysql, DNS management and configuration of network gateways Reliability, dependability and excellent communication skills are essential. In an emergency I need someone who can respond immediately, trouble shoot and diagnose the problem and fix the issue. Please call 1.805.322.0005