Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021

Community feedback surveyTracking COVID-19 at UCLACrosstown Clash 2021

UCPD on lookout for suspect in UCLA Guest House burglary

UCPD is searching for a man who they believe is linked to a Tuesday burglary that occurred at the UCLA Guest House. (Photo courtesy of UCPD)

By Sydney Coneeny

University police are searching for a suspect in a Tuesday burglary at the UCLA Guest House.

Several visitors at the UCLA Guest House said they found several of their personal belongings missing around 1 p.m., according to the UCPD alert. UCPD suspects that a firearm found at the scene may have belonged to the man who burglarized the UCLA Guest House.

UCPD described the man as black, about 20 to 30 years old with long dark hair with highlights. The man also had a tattoo above his left eyebrow and was last seen wearing a long-sleeved gray hooded sweatshirt, black and gray sweatpants and red shoes, according to UCPD.

UCPD advises students to report suspicious activity to the police and to lock all windows and doors.

The case is still under investigation. Anyone with information about this case can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Sydney Coneeny | City and Crime editor
Coneeny is the 2018-2019 assistant News editor for the City and Crime beat. She was previously a contributor for the National News and Higher Education beat. She is a second-year pre-global studies student from the east coast.
Help Wanted

Remote Linux System Administrator I need someone to install updates, complete some projects and to be available for emergency issues that come up now and then with my web server/asterisk PBX servers. Experience required: apache/lets encrypt, sendmail/dovecot, asterisk/freePBX, php/mysql, DNS management and configuration of network gateways Reliability, dependability and excellent communication skills are essential. In an emergency I need someone who can respond immediately, trouble shoot and diagnose the problem and fix the issue. Please call 1.805.322.0005