USAC recap – Sept. 17
(Liz Ketcham/Assistant Photo editor)
October 9, 2018 11:08 pm
This post was updated Dec. 4 at 10:48 a.m.
The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government representing the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a livestream of the meetings on the USAC Live! YouTube channel, which can be accessed with a ucla.edu account.
- The council allocated a total of $3,248.80 from the contingency programming fund to non-USAC groups.
- The council appointed Bekhzod Aliev, a fourth-year history and political science student, and Joelle Li, a third-year political science student, as Communications Board members.
- The council appointed Ashley Joya, a second-year pre-psychobiology student to the USAC Community Service Mini Fund Committee.
- President Claire Fieldman said she was elected undergraduate chair of the University of California Council of Presidents.
- Internal Vice President Robert Blake Watson said his office is working on creating a permanent staff position to operate the Good Clothes Good People center in the Student Activities Center.