Monday, Aug 10, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

Pac-12 announces conference schedule for 2018-19 men’s basketball season

Sophomore guard Jaylen Hands averaged 9.9 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists as a freshman last season. UCLA men’s basketball will kick off the season hosting New York Institute of Technology in an exhibition game Oct. 27.

By Sam Connon

Sep. 27, 2018 11:20 am

UCLA men’s basketball’s 2018-19 slate has been finalized.

More than a month after the Bruins announced their nonconference schedule, the Pac-12 released the full conference schedule.

UCLA will open up the new year at home, taking on in-state rivals Stanford and Cal on Thursday, Jan. 3 and Saturday, Jan. 5.

The Bruins will not return to Pauley Pavilion for another three weeks, with their first road trip taking them north to Oregon, where they will play the Ducks and Beavers. UCLA will be back in Los Angeles for its first matchup with rival USC on Saturday, Jan. 19 at the Galen Center.

In their return home, the Bruins will host Arizona State and Arizona before shipping out to take on Washington State and Washington to end the month of January.

UCLA will play Colorado and Utah at home the following week, and will go on the road to rematch Cal and Stanford on Wednesday, Feb. 19 and Saturday, Feb. 16.

The Bruins’ longest homestand of the season will be a three-game stretch against Oregon State, Oregon and USC, with the matchup against the Trojans to be played on Thursday, Feb. 28.

The final game of the regular season will be on the road against Colorado one week later, with the Pac-12 Tournament tipping off the following Wednesday.

UCLA will play 18 nationally televised games this season, including four games on network TV. The championship and runner-up games of the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational will be on Fox, while the CBS Sports Classic against Ohio State will be on CBS.

The first matchup with the Trojans will be on CBS and the second will either be televised on ESPN or ESPN 2.

UCLA will host a preseason exhibition game against the New York Institute of Technology on Oct. 27 and will open up the regular season at home against Purdue Fort Wayne on Nov. 6.

Sam Connon | Sports senior staff
Connon is currently a Sports senior staff writer for the football and men's basketball beats. He was the Sports editor for the 2019-2020 academic year, an assistant Sports editor on the baseball, men's soccer, cross country, men's golf and women's golf beats from 2018-2019 and a reporter on the baseball and women's basketball beats from 2017-2018. Connon also contributes movie reviews for Arts & Entertainment and co-hosts Daily Bruin Sports' weekly podcast, "Out of Bounds." Connon is a rising fourth-year Communication student from Winchester, Massachusetts.
Condo/Townhouse for Rent

10982 Roebling Ave, CLUB CA, 3 mins walk to campus,fully furnished, onsite mgr, security building,pool,gym,lounge, private room $1300 or shared $750, call 626-674-9087