Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

US News & World Report ranks UCLA as No. 1 public university

UCLA was ranked the No. 1 public university in the country by the U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 Best Colleges ranking, which was released Sunday. (Jenna Nicole Smith/Daily Bruin)

By Hedy Wang

UCLA was ranked the No. 1 public university in the country by a U.S. News & World Report ranking released Sunday.

The 2019 Best Colleges ranking also listed UCLA as No. 19 in its overall rankings, which were based on indicators that assessed graduation outcomes, faculty resources, expert opinions, university financial resources, student academic achievement and alumni giving. This year, the ranking began evaluating schools’ ability to promote social mobility by factoring in the number of graduating students who received Pell Grants.

Five other University of California campuses placed in the top 12 public universities, with UC Berkeley at No. 2, UC Santa Barbara at No. 5, UC Irvine at No. 7, UC Davis at No. 10 and UC San Diego at No. 12. Last year, UCLA tied with UC Berkeley at No. 1.

The Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education ranking also listed UCLA as the top US public university Wednesday in its 2019 rankings report for the second year in a row.

Hedy Wang | Enterprise editor
Wang is the Enterprise editor. She was the News editor last year and an assistant News editor for the Features & Student Life beat the year before that. She is a fourth-year economics and communications student.

Beverly Hills Jason, Sunset Blvd and Doheny Dr. Upper Large Studio Appartment,l arge balcony, city view, full kitchen, full bathroom, parquet floor, hot and cold water, garbage, quiet building, available now. Studio $1995,1*1 $2295 #310-991-4777 only no email please.