Friday, Aug. 14, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

USAC recap – May 22

By Melissa Morris

The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government representing the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a livestream of the meetings on the USAC Live! channel on YouTube, which can be accessed with a ucla.edu account.

Public Comment

• Students said they think the election of Bruins United candidate Bella Martin, who was found to have engaged in voter coercion, was not valid.

Special Presentations

• The California Public Interest Research Group executive board discussed CALPIRG’s work this year, including lobbying for 100 percent renewable energy at UCLA and Pell Grant protection. Their lead campaign next year will be Save the Bees.

Agenda

• The council suspended their bylaws in order to vote on a motion to override the USAC Judicial Board’s decision to reject a petition against the election board. The motion passed by a vote of 10-0-0.
  • The council allocated a total of $18,936 from the contingency programming fund to USAC and non-USAC groups.
  • The council allocated a total of $500 from the supplemental fund for service to one non-USAC group.

Melissa Morris | Editor in chief
Morris is the 2020-2021 Editor in chief. She was previously the 2019-2020 assistant Enterprise editor as well as the 2018-2019 assistant News editor for the campus politics beat. She is also a fourth-year global studies student at UCLA.

Beverly Hills Jason, Sunset Blvd and Doheny Dr. Upper Large Studio Appartment,l arge balcony, city view, full kitchen, full bathroom, parquet floor, hot and cold water, garbage, quiet building, available now. Studio $1995,1*1 $2295 #310-991-4777 only no email please.