Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021

Community feedback surveyTracking COVID-19 at UCLACrosstown Clash 2021

Administrator Alfred Osborne announced as Anderson’s interim dean

Alfred Osborne Jr., the current senior associate dean for external affairs at the UCLA Anderson School of Management, will serve as interim dean of Anderson. (UCLA Newsroom)

By Isabella Gago

A senior administrator will serve as the UCLA Anderson School of Management’s interim dean, the university announced Tuesday.

Alfred Osborne Jr., the current senior associate dean for external affairs at Anderson, has agreed to serve as interim dean after Judy Olian, the current dean, finishes her term at the end of the academic year. Olian, who began her term in 2006, is leaving her position to become the president of Quinnipiac University in Connecticut.

Osborne is also a professor in global economics, management and entrepreneurship, and he founded the Harold and Pauline Price Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation. The center funds fellowships to help students gain business experience and access to entrepreneurship research.

Scott Waugh, the executive vice chancellor and provost, said the university will soon form a search committee to find a permanent dean for the school.

Isabella Gago
Help Wanted

Remote Linux System Administrator I need someone to install updates, complete some projects and to be available for emergency issues that come up now and then with my web server/asterisk PBX servers. Experience required: apache/lets encrypt, sendmail/dovecot, asterisk/freePBX, php/mysql, DNS management and configuration of network gateways Reliability, dependability and excellent communication skills are essential. In an emergency I need someone who can respond immediately, trouble shoot and diagnose the problem and fix the issue. Please call 1.805.322.0005