Saturday, Sept. 19, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

Fashion Friday: Week 6, Spring 2018

By Jenna Smith, Anushka Jain

Francesca Consagra, a second-year art student, layered a denim jacket over a navy gingham smock dress. Consagra said she picked up both pieces at a local thrift store in her hometown of San Francisco. The dress is easy to throw on and ideal for the pleasant weather, Consagra said.

(Jenna Nicole Smith/Daily Bruin)

Fourth-year aerospace engineering student Yuto Yamada purchased his gingham shirt at a UNIQLO store in Japan. Yamada said he likes wearing the deep blue color of the garment, which embodies the nearing summer season.

(Jenna Nicole Smith/Daily Bruin)

John Clayton chose a pastel, button-up gingham shirt to wear to his upcoming job interview. The graduate student was gifted the Charles Tyrwhitt piece several years ago for Christmas, he said.

(Jenna Nicole Smith/Daily Bruin)

Claire Chadwick fused together two trends with her off-the-shoulder gingham blouse from Target. The second-year business economics student said she appreciates fashion and is looking forward to her summer internship at Guess.

(Jenna Nicole Smith/Daily Bruin)

Jenna Smith
Anushka Jain | PRIME director
Jain is the 2018-2019 assistant editor for the Lifestyle beat of A&E. She was previously an A&E reporter.