Fashion Friday: Week 2, Spring 2018

By Liz Ketcham, Eli Countryman

Ryan Chapman, a first-year astrophysics student, cut the sleeves off of his old high school shirt to fashion a tank top to work out in. He said he dressed comfortably for the hot weather, wearing the tank top with a pair of sweatshorts.

(Liz Ketcham/Daily Bruin)

Alejandro Rivas, a third-year biochemistry student, donned a teal tank top he found on Amazon, a pair of khaki shorts and prescription sunglasses. He dressed in light clothing since he was flyering on Bruin Walk and knew it would be sunny out, he said.

(Liz Ketcham/Daily Bruin)

Second-year film and television student Kexin Chen sported a Nike jacket over her white tank top from H&M. She combined the two pieces so she wouldn’t be too cold during her morning classes, but as the temperature increases in the afternoon, she could take the jacket off.

(Liz Ketcham/Daily Bruin)

Natyla Ibizugbe dressed in a grey tank top from Fashion Nova. The third-year gender studies student said she paired the shirt with studded earrings and jewel-encrusted shorts from a thrift shop because the details gave the outfit a cute touch. ''I feel like it’s cool yet casual,'' she said. ''I could go out in it, maybe on a date, during the summer.''

(Liz Ketcham/Daily Bruin)

Beverly Fontaine said she wore clothes that provide both comfort and confidence. The third-year comparative literature student matched a light blue, cropped tank top with loose-fitting, baggy pants and a pair of sandals. ''I just felt really confident in (the outfit) and thought it would brighten my day,'' she said.

(Liz Ketcham/Daily Bruin)

Liz Ketcham | Alumna
Ketcham was the 2020-2021 Digital managing editor. She was previously the 2019-2020 Photo editor, as well as a 2018-2019 assistant Photo editor covering the News beat.
Eli Countryman | Alumnus
Countryman served as a senior staff writer. He was previously the 2018-2019 Music | Arts editor and an A&E reporter.