Thursday, June 4, 2020

Advertise

There is no curfew in Los Angeles tonight. Follow our coverage of countywide protests against racial injustice here.

Earthquake strikes near Channel Islands, felt in Los Angeles

By Jacob Preal

April 5, 2018 1:25 pm

This post was updated April 4 at 4:02 p.m.

An earthquake that struck near the Channel Islands could be felt in Los Angeles on Thursday.

The quake, which struck about 86 miles from Los Angeles around 12:30 p.m., registered a magnitude of 5.3, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The Los Angeles Fire Department determined the earthquake did not damage any buildings in Los Angeles after surveying all neighborhood fire districts, Chief Ralph Terrazas said in a Twitter post.

Jacob Preal | Editor in chief
Preal is the editor in chief of The Bruin. He was previously the assistant news editor for the city and crime beat and a news reporter for the city and crime beat.

Ariel Court-535 Gayley Ave. Private studio and 1 bdrm apartments available for Summer and/or Fall. Walk across the street to campus! Parking, pool & fitness ctr. at property. Specials up to 2 Months Free! Studios from $2,099 & 1×1 from $2,400. Mention this ad for $0 Application fee (310) 208-3818 www.decron.com