Friday, Aug 7, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

Donation allows for facility to improve training for medical students

(UCLA Capital Programs)

By Emi Nakahara

Mar. 28, 2018 4:03 pm

UCLA Health is building a new facility to provide computer simulation and virtual reality training for medical students following a $20 million gift.

The Eugene and Maxine Rosenfeld Hall will house the Center for Advanced Surgical and Interventional Technology, according to a university press release Wednesday. The center will allow medical students to train in simulated medical scenarios with virtual patients, such as with computer simulations or mannequins.

The hall will be located across from the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center for medical students to access.

Eugene Rosenfeld, an alumnus who graduated in 1956, is a real estate developer who has led companies such as Forest Lane Management LLC. Along with his wife Maxine Rosenfeld, he has previously donated to UCLA to establish the Rosenfeld library at the UCLA Anderson School of Management and the Maxine and Eugene Rosenfeld Chair in Medical Education.

The donation is a part of the UCLA Centennial Campaign, which matches outside donations, reaching toward its $4.2 billion goal by December 2019.

Emi Nakahara | Science and health editor
Nakahara is the assistant news editor for the science and health beat. She was previously a contributor for the science and health beat.
Condo/Townhouse for Rent

10982 Roebling Ave, CLUB CA, 3 mins walk to campus,fully furnished, onsite mgr, security building,pool,gym,lounge, private room $1300 or shared $750, call 626-674-9087