UCLA student dies after fall from Tiverton Avenue building

By Jacob Preal

This post was updated Feb. 26 at 8:54 p.m.

A 23-year-old UCLA student died Monday morning after falling from a building on Tiverton Avenue.

The student jumped from a building on the 900 block of Tiverton Avenue, said Los Angeles Police Department Officer Chris Ragsdale. University police officers initially responded to a call about the death around 9:15 a.m. on Monday, UCPD Lt. Kevin Kilgore said in a statement.

UCPD assisted LAPD in its investigation early Monday morning, Kilgore said, but the investigation will be carried out by LAPD and the coroner’s office.

The coroner’s office cannot release the man’s name until they notify his family.

Counseling is available to those affected by the death. Counseling and Psychological Services counselors are available 24/7 on the emergency crisis hotline at 310-825-0768. Those affected can also contact the Dean of Students office at 310-825-3894.

Jacob Preal | Editor in chief
Preal is the editor in chief of The Bruin. He was previously the assistant news editor for the city and crime beat and a news reporter for the city and crime beat.