Thursday, June 4, 2020

Advertise

Curfew in Westwood starts at 9 p.m. tonight. Follow our coverage of countywide protests against racial injustice here.

UCLA football to begin spring practices next month, open to public

UCLA football announced the dates of their spring practices for Winter quarter on Wednesday. The spring schedule will continue through April and conclude with an intersquad scrimmage on April 21. (Hannah Burnett/Assistant Photo editor)

By Ryan Smith

February 21, 2018 5:20 pm

UCLA football announced its spring return to the gridiron in an email sent out Wednesday afternoon.

It will be the first opportunity to see the Bruins in action since December, when they fell 35-17 to Kansas State at the Cactus Bowl in Arizona. They will practice six times between March 6 and 17 at Spaulding Field, and practice several more times after spring break.

Football has not yet released times for the practices scheduled for after the break.

All practices will be open to the public. For a small fee, fans can watch from the top of Parking Lot 8.

Once the practice schedule is complete, UCLA will cap off spring quarter with a intersquad scrimmage on Saturday, April 21 at Drake Stadium.

Ryan Smith | Sports senior staff
Smith is currently a Sports senior staff writer on the football and men's basketball beats. He was the 2018-2019 Sports editor and an assistant Sports editor in 2017-2018. Smith was previously on the women's basketball, men's water polo, baseball, men's golf and women's golf beats.

Ariel Court-535 Gayley Ave. Private studio and 1 bdrm apartments available for Summer and/or Fall. Walk across the street to campus! Parking, pool & fitness ctr. at property. Specials up to 2 Months Free! Studios from $2,099 & 1×1 from $2,400. Mention this ad for $0 Application fee (310) 208-3818 www.decron.com