Fire breaks outs in Bel-Air home, visible from Janss Steps

The Los Angeles Fire Department is working to contain a fire in a large two-story home in Bel-Air. The fire is about one mile from campus and flames from the fire were visible from Janss Steps. (Amy Dixon/Assistant Photo editor)

By Jacob Preal

This story was updated Feb. 8 at 9:15 p.m.

A fire that broke out in a Bel-Air home near campus was partially contained Thursday evening.

Firefighters reduced the flames of an attic fire in a large two-story home at 10835 W. Bellagio Rd. by 8:01 p.m., according to the Los Angeles Fire Department. The home, which burst into flames at 5:27 p.m. Thursday is located about a mile from campus, and flames from the fire were visible from Janss Steps.

Though the home was significantly damaged, firefighters prevented the fire from spreading to a nearby pool house and garage on the property.

About 80 firefighters are working to contain the fire. Two were burned while putting out the fire and transported to a nearby hospital, according to LAFD.

The home’s residents evacuated when they heard fire alarms and were not injured in the fire.

Jacob Preal | Editor in chief
Preal is the editor in chief of The Bruin. He was previously the assistant news editor for the city and crime beat and a news reporter for the city and crime beat.