Friday, June 5, 2020

Advertise

There is no curfew in Los Angeles tonight. Follow our coverage of countywide protests against racial injustice here.

Anderson School of Management Dean Judy Olian steps down

Judy Olian is stepping down as dean of the UCLA Anderson School of Management to become the president of Quinnipiac University in Connecticut.
(UCLA Newsroom)

By Rupan Bharanidaran

January 30, 2018 11:48 am

The dean of the UCLA Anderson School of Management is stepping down to lead another university.

Judy Olian, who has served as Anderson’s dean since 2006, will be leaving her position at the end of the academic year to become the president of Quinnipiac University in Connecticut, said Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost Scott Waugh in a message to faculty and staff Monday.

Under Olian’s tenure, Anderson opened research centers and introduced degree programs, such as the business analytics program launched in the fall. Olian also helped start the Anderson Venture Accelerator, which helps students start their own businesses, and introduced hybrid courses that include online and in-class elements. Waugh said Olian led efforts to increase the gender diversity of faculty and students in the school and added she fundraised nearly $400 million for Anderson.

Waugh said he will appoint an interim dean and added his office will soon be looking for a permanent dean to succeed Olian.

Rupan Bharanidaran | News editor
Bharanidaran is the News editor. He was previously a news reporter for the campus politics beat, covering student government and the UCLA administration.

Ariel Court-535 Gayley Ave. Private studio and 1 bdrm apartments available for Summer and/or Fall. Walk across the street to campus! Parking, pool & fitness ctr. at property. Specials up to 2 Months Free! Studios from $2,099 & 1×1 from $2,400. Mention this ad for $0 Application fee (310) 208-3818 www.decron.com