Saturday, Dec. 3, 2022

UC Academic Worker StrikesNative American Heritage Month2022 Midterm Elections

The Quad: UCLA administration’s response to fire sparks student reaction

By Emily McCormick

UCLA canceled Wednesday afternoon classes because the Skirball fire near campus made it difficult for some students and faculty to commute.

An early Bruin Alert said students should consult their instructors as to whether to attend classes. At about 11 a.m., the university issued an updated alert canceling classes beginning at or after noon.

Some students have taken to social media to voice their concerns about how the school handled the situation in light of tenth week finals, labs and assignments.

Here’s how students, faculty and community members reacted on Twitter:

Emily McCormick | Alumna
McCormick was the 2017-2018 Digital Managing Editor for the Daily Bruin. She was previously an assistant editor of the A&E section, overseeing the Music | Arts beat.
Condo/Townhouse for Sale

1 Bedroom & 1 Bathroom condo in an excellent location in Westwood.1300 Midvale Ave Unit 409 Open living room is met by a kitchen which boasts floor-to-ceiling cabinets and a separated dining area. Master bedroom is bright and equipped with hefty closet space.The recently remodeled master bathroom includes a double vanity, bathtub and shower. The unit also comes with its very own private very large balcony!The building also includes a pool, spa, recreation room, gym, laundry room on each floor, subterranean community garage parking, and sun deck! Please Noushin Ahobim (310)-863-4325 or [email protected]