Follow the Daily Bruin's coverage of Skirball fire. 

Sunday, December 17

UCLA men’s basketball game canceled due to fire

Wednesday night’s game against Montana was coach Steve Alford’s squad’s first of five non-conference games remaining on their schedule before Pac-12 play begins. (Michael Zshornack/Daily Bruin)

UCLA men’s basketball’s Wednesday night game was canceled because of a fire in the Bel-Air area.

The Bruins were scheduled to take on Montana at 8 p.m. at Pauley Pavilion. The team also canceled all other team workouts and practices scheduled for Wednesday.

Single-game ticket purchases for Wednesday’s game will be refunded automatically, per a release from the athletics department. Season ticket holders will receive a credit for the cost of their tickets to their UCLA ticket account.

UCLA’s football team also canceled its 7:30 a.m. practice Wednesday morning. Post-practice media availability with interim head coach Jedd Fisch was initially moved to the lobby of the Wasserman Football Center, but was subsequently canceled.

Sports editor

Gottlieb is the Sports editor. He was previously an assistant Sports editor in 2016-2017, and has covered baseball, softball, women's volleyball and golf during his time with the Bruin.