Friday, Aug. 14, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center ranked seventh best hospital in U.S.

UCLA was ranked the seventh best hospital in the country and placed on the ranking’s Honor Roll. (Daily Bruin file photo)

By Hedy Wang

The Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center was ranked as the seventh best hospital in the nation in an annual Best Hospitals ranking released earlier this month by the U.S. News & World Report.

UCLA was ranked No. 1 in Los Angeles and No. 2 in California. The new ranking dropped Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center from fifth place nationally last year.

UCLA was nationally ranked in 25 specialties and ranked highest in ear, nose and throat, geriatrics, urology and ophthalmology.

The U.S. News & World Report reviewed and ranked 4,500 medical centers’ performance in 16 specialties and nine common procedures. The rankings are based on various factors, such as nurse staffing, patient survival and safety, the number of times a procedure is performed and infection rates.

The top 20 hospitals that demonstrate high ranking performance across multiple specialties and procedures are placed on the Honor Roll, which has included UCLA for 28 consecutive years.

Hedy Wang | Enterprise editor
Wang is the Enterprise editor. She was the News editor last year and an assistant News editor for the Features & Student Life beat the year before that. She is a fourth-year economics and communications student.

Beverly Hills Jason, Sunset Blvd and Doheny Dr. Upper Large Studio Appartment,l arge balcony, city view, full kitchen, full bathroom, parquet floor, hot and cold water, garbage, quiet building, available now. Studio $1995,1*1 $2295 #310-991-4777 only no email please.