UCPD searching for men who allegedly burglarized students’ apartment

By Madeleine Pauker

University police are searching for two men who allegedly burglarized UCLA students’ North Village apartment unit Friday morning.

Two men climbed over the gate to an apartment complex on Gayley Avenue at about 10 a.m. and entered an apartment after telling witnesses they were looking for someone, according to a UCPD alert. At about 10:30 a.m., witnesses saw the men carrying backpacks through the front door of the apartment complex.

The apartment’s residents reported two laptops, an iPhone and a wallet missing at about 12:45 p.m.

One man was black and about 20 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and about 150 pounds, with short dreadlocks, according to the alert. He was wearing a green-and-black camouflage print Adidas jacket and denim jeans.

The other man was black and about 20 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and about 150 pounds, with short hair, according to the alert.

UCPD recommends students lock all doors and windows.

Anyone with information about this case can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Madeleine Pauker | Managing editor
Pauker was the managing editor from 2017-2018. She was previously an assistant news editor for the City beat and a reporter for the City beat.