Friday, November 22

Men’s golf finishes fifth in Pac-12 championship in Colorado

Junior Tyler Collier along with sophomore Cole Madey led the UCLA men's golf team with a five-over par weekend at the Pac-12 Championships, where the Bruins took fifth place. (UCLA Athletics)

UCLA men’s golf finished fifth at the Pac-12 championship in Boulder, Colorado, over the weekend. The Bruins shot 38 over par for the tournament.

Following a snowstorm that suspended play Saturday, action resumed Sunday morning where No. 9 Oregon took home the Pac-12 crown, shooting 15 over par on the tournament.

For UCLA, junior Tyler Collier and sophomore Cole Madey each finished a team-best five over par for the weekend, enough for a tie of ninth place individually.

As a team, the Bruins struggled in the first two rounds, shooting 13 and 22 over par, respectively, but bounced back with their best round of the tournament Sunday, finishing just 3 over par.

Junior Corey Shaun also had the Bruins’ only under-par round for the tournament, finishing one under Sunday afternoon.

UCLA will now wait until Thursday to find out whether or not it will be selected to play in the NCAA regionals.

Sports Senior Staff

Smith is currently a Sports senior staff writer on the football and men's basketball beats. He was the 2018-2019 Sports editor and an assistant Sports editor in 2017-2018. Smith was previously on the women's basketball, men's water polo, baseball, men's golf and women's golf beats.