Friday, Aug. 14, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

Fashion Friday: Week 2, Spring 2017

By Raunak Devjani, Habeba Mostafa

Janae Gipson wanted to show off the new sheer baseball jersey that she bought from Forever 21. The first-year neuroscience student was looking for clothes in her wardrobe that would look good underneath the jersey and chose a strappy white crop top from Azkara and athletic shorts from the UCLA Store. She complemented her casual attire with shades, flip-flops and golden nail polish.

(Habeba Mostafa/Daily Bruin)

Third-year world arts and cultures/dance student Dominique Nguyen put her own spin on a simple outfit – consisting of a plain white T-shirt and black workout leggings – by customizing it with an oversized jacket by Japanese designer Mihara Yasuhiro and gray Yeezy sneakers.

(Habeba Mostafa/Daily Bruin)

Nguyen tied it all together with her trusty camo-print L.L.Bean tote and gold accessories, including large hoop earrings and a chain from the Melrose Trading Post flea market.

(Habeba Mostafa/Daily Bruin)

Henry DeGroot dressed in a more casual outfit consisting of a white tee under a navy button-down shirt with a wolf print on it. The third-year political science student paired the shirt with L.L.Bean boots and light brown cargo pants, which he said have always been a reliable fashion choice for him.

(Habeba Mostafa/Daily Bruin)

Zoe Thompson donned a ’90s look with a pale pink sweater from Zara, thrift-store jeans and Saltwater sandals. The fourth-year communication studies student said she has a vintage kind of vibe, accessorizing her outfit with Ray-Ban shades, a leather-strapped watch and a checkered tote from Baggu.

(Habeba Mostafa/Daily Bruin)

Cinema and media studies doctoral student Caitlin McCann wore simple, dark blue skinny jeans and an off-shoulder collared shirt from Forever 21.

(Habeba Mostafa/Daily Bruin)

McCann teamed the outfit with rhinestone earrings and a silver pendant necklace that she purchased from the online fashion store Le Tote, which she said she uses sometimes for rentals as well.

(Habeba Mostafa/Daily Bruin)

Raunak Devjani
Devjani is the top editor of the Arts and Entertainment section. She was previously the assistant editor for the Theater Film and Television beat.
Habeba Mostafa | Photographer