Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

Graduate student dies in Weyburn Terrace apartment

By Alejandra Reyes-Velarde

A graduate student from China died in her Weyburn Terrace apartment on March 27.

Liu (Lisa) Yang, a third-year student in the Physics and Biology in Medicine graduate program, was found unresponsive Monday night after UCPD officers were asked to check on her, according to a statement from Victoria Sork, dean of the life sciences division, and Kelsey Martin, dean of the David Geffen School of Medicine.

There is no indication of foul play, according to the statement.

No other details are available at this time.

Alejandra Reyes-Velarde | News editor
Reyes is the Daily Bruin's News editor and an Editorial Board member. Previously, she was the Science & Health editor covering research, the UCLA health system and graduate school news. She also writes Arts & Entertainment stories and photographs for the Bruin.
Guesthouse for Rent

CHARMING GUEST HOUSE for a single student for rent in Bel Air with its own secluded verdant patio and one mile from UCLA. Low rent of $1,000 includes Sofa, queen-size bed, utilities, washer/dryer, kitchenette and parking. Renter must be a dog lover and willing to house sit two small dogs, as part of rental arrangement. Srila âª(310) 709-4411⬠âª[email protected]â¬