LAFD conducting chemical investigation at Glendon parking structure

Several people complained of illness after being in an underground parking structure on Weyburn Avenue. (Hannah Burnett/Daily Bruin)

By Madeleine Pauker

Correction: The original version of this article incorrectly stated the parking structure is located at 10870 Weyburn Ave. In fact, the structure is located at 1010 Glendon Ave.

This post was updated March 10 at 1:45 p.m.

A hazardous materials squad is investigating chemical agents at an apartment complex on Weyburn Avenue.

Ten people complained of illness after being inside an underground parking structure at 1010 Glendon Ave., according to a Los Angeles Fire Department alert.

An LAFD spokesperson said no one on the scene had been transported to the hospital. Firefighters have closed off Glendon Avenue and the parking lot next to Trader Joe’s.

Firefighters were not detect hazardous chemicals in the parking structure. Firefighters treated the affected persons and released them.

Contributing reports from Ryan Leou, national and higher education editor.

Madeleine Pauker | Managing editor
Pauker was the managing editor from 2017-2018. She was previously an assistant news editor for the City beat and a reporter for the City beat.