Fashion Friday: Week 6, Winter 2017

By Frank To

Ravneet Purewal wanted to look cute for Valentine’s Day. The third-year human biology and society and political science student wore a burgundy cut-out and long-sleeved, lace-up dress paired with lace-up heels from Macy’s. She also wore lovebird earrings to complete her Valentine’s Day look.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

First-year psychology student Jazmin Ramirez had no time to think about her outfit and grabbed whatever was in her closet. However, she kept the weather in mind and managed to put together a comfortable outfit consisting of muted, earthy tones, she said. The cardigan is from Forever 21; the cut-out shirt was a gift; the skirt is from Charlotte Russe and the boots are from Dorothy Perkins.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

“Look good, feel good,” said second-year English student Manjot Aulakh. Her outfit consisted of a T-shirt from Forever 21 which she knotted at the bottom, and palazzo pants from Heavenly Couture. She said the pants make her legs look longer and are fun yet comfortable.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

Duke Anderson said he is a fan of colors, and picked an outfit that reflects his personality: chill and vibrant. His outfit was inspired by being a local of Southern California. The fifth-year ethnomusicology student wore a floral button-up from Vans, burgundy pants from Target and sneakers from Vans.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

First-year theater student Emma Wenkert wore the color mauve because it’s trendy and perfect for Valentine’s Day. Her outfit consisted of a champagne bomber jacket from the LF Store and a T-shirt dress from Heavenly Couture.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

Wenkert also paired her look with nude Puma creepers from Urban Outfitters, earrings from Rebecca Minkoff and pink smokey eye makeup.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

Frank To | Photo contributor