Sunday, Nov. 28, 2021

Community feedback surveyTracking COVID-19 at UCLACrosstown Clash 2021

UCLA men’s basketball leads Stanford 48-30 at halftime

Freshman guard Lonzo Ball gets it done on both sides of the court with 15 points as well as three steals and a block in a dominant first-half performance against Stanford. (Miriam Bribiesca/Photo editor)

By Derrek Li

There goes Lonzo Ball again.

By now, it’s becoming routine to see the freshman guard helm the dynamic No. 4 UCLA offense.

Against the Stanford Cardinal (8-7, 0-3 Pac-12), Ball’s dialed-in first-half performance along with a suffocating Bruin defense give the Bruins a 48-30 lead heading into halftime. UCLA (15-1, 2-1) held Stanford to just 36.1 percent shooting from the field.

Ball finished the half with 15 points, three assists, two rebounds, three steals and a block. He also energized the sold-out Pauley Pavilion crowd with a couple of highlight plays including a alley-oop jam off the lob from sophomore guard Aaron Holiday.

In the midst of a three-game shooting slump, senior guard Isaac Hamilton found his footing a little bit, shooting 4-of-9 from the field for nine points.

The Bruins’ zippy ball movement led to 19 made field goals on 15 assists while hitting 57.1 percent of their 3-pointers and 52.8 percent from the field.

Derrek Li | Alumnus
Li joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2013 and contributed until he graduated in 2017. He was an assistant Sports editor for the 2014-2015 academic year and spent time on the football, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's soccer, track and field, cross country and swim and dive beats.
Help Wanted

Remote Linux System Administrator I need someone to install updates, complete some projects and to be available for emergency issues that come up now and then with my web server/asterisk PBX servers. Experience required: apache/lets encrypt, sendmail/dovecot, asterisk/freePBX, php/mysql, DNS management and configuration of network gateways Reliability, dependability and excellent communication skills are essential. In an emergency I need someone who can respond immediately, trouble shoot and diagnose the problem and fix the issue. Please call 1.805.322.0005