Thursday, June 24, 2021

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLAViolence in Palestinian Territories and Israel2021 Pride Month

UCLA Fielding School of Public Health announces new chair

(Courtesy of Karin Michels)

By Evolet Chiu

The UCLA Fielding School of Public Health announced a new chair and professor of epidemiology Tuesday.

Karin Michels, who received her doctorate in epidemiology at the Harvard School of Public Health and in biostatistics at Cambridge University, will join the faculty June 30. She will replace the interim chair and professor of epidemiology and medicine, Zuo-Feng Zhang.

Zhang served as interim chair of epidemiology while the School of Public Health searched for a permanent chair.

“I am so pleased about our incoming chair,” Zhang said in an email statement. “She is a great leader in both academics and research and will lead our department to the next level.”

Michels holds an award-winning teaching record as an associate professor in obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive biology in the Harvard Medical School, according to Jody Heymann, dean of the School of Public Healthough. She was also an associate professor in the department of epidemiology in the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

Evolet Chiu | Science & Health editor

WESTWOOD VILLAGE
2BR 2 Bath, 1200 sq.ft. $4,000; Large and extra large 1BR 1 Bath $2,600 and $2,700 (perfect for three people); parking included. Available July 1 OR September 1. Beautifully landscaped courtyard building, laundry room, pool. 691 Levering Avenue
leveringheights.com
(310) 208-3647