Allegations against UCLA Health gynecologistsUSAC Elections 2022Abortion Rights 2022Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

USAC recap – May 10

By Nicholas Yu

The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government that represents the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every week Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a live stream of the meetings on the USAC Live! YouTube channel.

Agenda items

• The council did not allow General Representative Aaliya Khan to amend the agenda to add on a special presentation in a 6-6-0 vote. Council needs a two-thirds vote to amend the agenda.
  • The council unanimously voted to amend the election code, mandating the election board to respond to all complaints filed during election week within 24 hours.
  • In an 11-0-1 vote, the council amended the election code mandating the election board to randomize its ballot if financially feasible.
  • The council approved an allocation of $6,700 to student groups and an undergraduate student government office from the Contingency Programming Fund.
  • The council approved to allocate leftover funds from the discretionary fund to the USAC endowment.

Officer reports

• President Heather Rosen said she talked to administrators, including Youlanda Copeland-Morgan, associate vice chancellor for enrollment management, to discuss plans to increase engagement between alumni and undergraduates.
  • Internal Vice President Heather Hourdequin said she will discuss lighting and safety issues in Westwood with LA City Council member Paul Koretz June 2.

Email Yu at [email protected] or tweet @NickYu96.

Nicholas Yu | Assistant news editor
Guesthouse for Rent

Charming furnished BelAir guesthouse with verdant patio only for a Single person. Includes parking space, gas, water and power. Renter must be a dog lover and willing to house sit two small dogs, as part of rental arrangement. Rent $1,250. Contact Srila 3107094411