USAC recap – May 10
By Nicholas Yu
May 11, 2016 3:59 p.m.
The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government that represents the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every week Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a live stream of the meetings on the USAC Live! YouTube channel.
- The council did not allow General Representative Aaliya Khan to amend the agenda to add on a special presentation in a 6-6-0 vote. Council needs a two-thirds vote to amend the agenda.
- The council unanimously voted to amend the election code, mandating the election board to respond to all complaints filed during election week within 24 hours.
- In an 11-0-1 vote, the council amended the election code mandating the election board to randomize its ballot if financially feasible.
- The council approved an allocation of $6,700 to student groups and an undergraduate student government office from the Contingency Programming Fund.
- The council approved to allocate leftover funds from the discretionary fund to the USAC endowment.
- President Heather Rosen said she talked to administrators, including Youlanda Copeland-Morgan, associate vice chancellor for enrollment management, to discuss plans to increase engagement between alumni and undergraduates.
- Internal Vice President Heather Hourdequin said she will discuss lighting and safety issues in Westwood with LA City Council member Paul Koretz June 2.
Email Yu at [email protected] or tweet @NickYu96.