Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

No Offense, But: USAC Elections

Chris Campbell/Daily Bruin

By Chris Campbell, Aram Ghoogasian, and Abhishek Shetty

There’s two candidates running to be your next USAC President. Danny Siegel is running under the Bruins United slate, and Denea Joseph is running under the Waves of Change slate. Although they’re political opponents, they decided to make nice for half an hour so Aram Ghoogasian and Abhishek Shetty could interview them about their candidacies live from the radio studio.

Listen in to find out about their platforms, experiences and vision for next year’s student government.

Chris Campbell | Alumnus
Chris Campbell was the Daily Bruin Opinion editor in the 2015-2016 school year. He previously served as Radio Director and as a Radio contributor. He writes about everything, but focuses on Westwood and city issues.
Aram Ghoogasian | Opinion columnist
Aram Ghoogasian is an opinion columnist and a member of the Daily Bruin Editorial Board. He often opines about labor issues, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the University of California.
Abhishek Shetty | Opinion staff columnist
Shetty is a senior staffer in the Opinion section and a staff representative on the Daily Bruin Editorial Board. He was an assistant Opinion editor in the 2017-2018 school year and previously contributed as an opinion columnist. He writes about topics including the undergraduate student government and the UCLA administration.
Guesthouse for Rent

CHARMING GUEST HOUSE for a single student for rent in Bel Air with its own secluded verdant patio and one mile from UCLA. Low rent of $1,000 includes Sofa, queen-size bed, utilities, washer/dryer, kitchenette and parking. Renter must be a dog lover and willing to house sit two small dogs, as part of rental arrangement. Srila âª(310) 709-4411⬠âª[email protected]â¬