Week in Photos Spring Week 2

By Daniel Alcazar

Freshman setter/hitter Micah Ma'a reacts to the final point that ended Saturday night's match against BYU. UCLA lost for the second night in a row.

(Mackenzie Possee/Daily Bruin)

A vigil in Brian Kuan’s memory was held in the De Neve quad Sunday at 7 p.m. Attendees were encouraged to bring candles and pictures of Kuan to the vigil.

(Diana Luna/Daily Bruin)

Ban Ki Moon, the eighth secretary-general of the U.N., spoke to 350 alumni, students and community members who attended the event organized by the Los Angeles World Affairs Council, the UCLA Burkle Center and the RAND Corporation. Ban, who is finishing his last few months in office after two five-year terms, addressed current challenges the global community and United Nations face.

(Ken Shin/Daily Bruin)

UCLA alumna Stephanie Wong was crowned Miss Chinatown USA in February. After her experience in the pageant, Wong said she has accepted her Chinese culture. As a pageant queen, she feels inspired to serve as an ambassador for the Chinese-American community.

(Tehya Faulk/Daily Bruin)

Graduate student Julio Medina performed his final UCLA show, "ONDA," Friday and Saturday. The performance explores themes of race and masculinity through the medium of hip-hop and break dance.

(Pinkie Su/Daily Bruin)

The UCLA Communications Board appointed Tanner Walters as the Daily Bruin's next editor in chief for the 2016-2017 academic year.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

Linda Kang, a fourth-year psychobiology student, is seen in transition along with the rest of the KCN Traditional members.

(Austin Yu/Daily Bruin)

Sophomore outside hitter JT Hatch celebrates after a point during UCLA's Thursday night takedown of Stanford.

(Hannah Ye/Daily Bruin)

Daniel Alcazar | Photo Editor
Daniel Alcazar is currently the Daily Bruin's photo editor. He is also a writer for Arts & Entertainment section. He was previously photographer from 2014-2015.