No Offense, But: Out of state students

Alice Lin/Daily Bruin

By Chris Campbell, Ara Shirinian, Arthur Wang, and Keshav Tadimeti

“No Offense, But,” the Daily Bruin’s official Opinion podcast, is back for spring quarter, and we’ve got some hot takes on a recent state audit indicting the University of California for prioritizing out-of-state student enrollment over that of resident students.

Opinion columnists Ara Shirinian, Keshav Tadimeti and Arthur Wang elaborate on geographic diversity in the UC system and possible solutions to the university’s money woes.

Chris Campbell | Alumnus
Chris Campbell was the Daily Bruin Opinion editor in the 2015-2016 school year. He previously served as Radio Director and as a Radio contributor. He writes about everything, but focuses on Westwood and city issues.
Ara Shirinian | Alumnus
Ara Shirinian was an assistant opinion editor from 2015-16 and an opinion columnist from 2014-15. He writes about technology, transfer students and Westwood.
Arthur Wang | Senior staff
Wang is an Opinion and Quad senior staffer, and a sociology graduate student. He was the Quad editor in the 2015-2016 academic year and an Opinion columnist in the 2014-2015 academic year.
Keshav Tadimeti | Alumnus
Tadimeti was the Daily Bruin's Opinion editor from 2017-2019 and an assistant Opinion editor in the 2016-2017 school year. He tends to write about issues pertaining to the higher education, state politics and the administration, and blogs occasionally about computer science. Tadimeti was also the executive producer of the "No Offense, But" and "In the Know" Daily Bruin Opinion podcasts.