Celebrities come to UCLA to speak about Alzheimer’s disease

Seth Rogen and his wife Lauren Rogen will speak at the Anderson School of Management’s Korn Convocation Hall on Wednesday as a part of
the Architects of Change event. (Courtesy from UCLA Anderson School of Management)

By Eric Phe

Seth Rogen and his wife Lauren Rogen will speak at UCLA on Wednesday to explain the importance of discussing Alzheimer’s disease through comedy and performance.

The Architects of Change event, held at the UCLA Anderson School of Management’s Korn Convocation Hall on Wednesday from 7 to 8 p.m., will include a discussion between Seth and Lauren Rogen and audience members. UCLA Anderson students can attend the event free of charge.

Maria Shriver, an award-winning journalist, hosts the Architects of Change event series at college campuses throughout Southern California.

Kimberly Freeman, assistant dean for diversity initiatives and community relations at the Anderson School of Management, said Shriver is partnering with Rogen’s Hilarity for Charity organization to talk to students about the importance of educating others about Alzheimer’s disease. Shriver will moderate a discussion between Seth and Lauren Rogen.

Freeman added UCLA partnered with Seth and Lauren Rogen to exemplify their leadership and innovation, hoping students would follow suit.

General admission is $50, and student admission is $25. A portion of the proceeds will go towards supporting A Woman’s Nation, a nonprofit organization that advocates for women’s rights.

Compiled by Eric Phe, Bruin contributor.

Eric Phe