Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

No Offense, But: Activism

Alice Lin/Daily Bruin

By Shani Shahmoon, Aram Ghoogasian, and Chris Campbell

Many progressive Jewish activists feel alienated from progressive activist groups because of their pro-Israel views. Opinion columnists Aram Ghoogasian and Shani Shahmoon discuss whether the issue should actually be a major ideological difference and whether progressive Jews can hope to move past it.

Shani Shahmoon | Opinion columnist
Shani Shahmoon is an opinion columnist and a member of the Daily Bruin Editorial Board. She writes about student activism, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and mental health issues.
Aram Ghoogasian | Opinion columnist
Aram Ghoogasian is an opinion columnist and a member of the Daily Bruin Editorial Board. He often opines about labor issues, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the University of California.
Chris Campbell | Alumnus
Chris Campbell was the Daily Bruin Opinion editor in the 2015-2016 school year. He previously served as Radio Director and as a Radio contributor. He writes about everything, but focuses on Westwood and city issues.
Guesthouse for Rent

CHARMING GUEST HOUSE for a single student for rent in Bel Air with its own secluded verdant patio and one mile from UCLA. Low rent of $1,000 includes Sofa, queen-size bed, utilities, washer/dryer, kitchenette and parking. Renter must be a dog lover and willing to house sit two small dogs, as part of rental arrangement. Srila âª(310) 709-4411⬠âª[email protected]â¬