OL Caleb Benenoch announces decision to enter 2016 NFL Draft

Junior offensive lineman Caleb Benenoch decided to forego his final year at UCLA and enter the 2016 NFL Draft. (Daily Bruin file photo)

By Claire Fahy

Dec. 31, 2015 11:27 a.m.

Junior offensive lineman Caleb Benenoch announced his decision to forego his senior season with UCLA and enter the NFL Draft Thursday on Twitter. His decision follows the departure of running back Paul Perkins, defensive lineman Kenny Clark and offensive lineman Alex Redmond.

Benenoch anchored an injury-plagued offensive line this season, charged with protecting rookie quarterback Josh Rosen and blocking for Perkins. The junior broke into the starting lineup as a freshman and earned honorable mention all-conference honors last year.

The departure of Benenoch and Redmond leaves the Bruin offensive line depleted of veteran talent, as senior center Jake Brendel graduates this year.

Compiled by Claire Fahy, Bruin Sports senior staff.

Claire Fahy | Alumna
Fahy joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2013 and contributed until she graduated in 2017. She was the Sports editor for the 2015-2016 academic year and an assistant Sports editor for the 2014-2015 academic year. Fahy spent time on the football, men's basketball, men's water polo, men's volleyball and swim and dive beats.