Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021

Community feedback surveyTracking COVID-19 at UCLACrosstown Clash 2021

UC extends application deadline for transfer students to Jan. 4

The University of California announced Wednesday an extension of the deadline for transfer student applications to Jan.4 (Emaan Baqai/Daily Bruin senior staff)

By Yael Levin

Dec. 2, 2015 11:37 a.m.

Transfer students applying to University of California campuses for fall 2016 will have an extra month to submit their applications, the University announced Wednesday.

The new deadline for transfer applications is Jan. 4, 2016, the University said. The original deadline was Monday, Nov. 30.

The University extended the deadline in an effort to increase California resident student enrollment by 10,000 over the next three years. The University expects 5,000 of those students to enroll next year, it said in a statement released Wednesday. Officials approved this plan at the UC Board of Regents meeting last month.

The extension will also help the UC meet its goal outlined in the California Master Plan to enroll one transfer student for every two freshmen, said Kate Moser, spokesperson for the University, in an email statement.

“Expanding the application window for transfer students through Jan. 4 will give UC-ready students – including those who might not have initially seen themselves as competitive – more time to consider and apply for UC,” Moser said in the statement.

Compiled by Yael Levin, Bruin senior staff.

Yael Levin
Help Wanted

Remote Linux System Administrator I need someone to install updates, complete some projects and to be available for emergency issues that come up now and then with my web server/asterisk PBX servers. Experience required: apache/lets encrypt, sendmail/dovecot, asterisk/freePBX, php/mysql, DNS management and configuration of network gateways Reliability, dependability and excellent communication skills are essential. In an emergency I need someone who can respond immediately, trouble shoot and diagnose the problem and fix the issue. Please call 1.805.322.0005