Nocturnal Wonderland 2015

By Jose Ubeda

One of the biggest attractions throughout the festival grounds are the YoYo swings, which allow people to get a bird’s-eye view of the festivities.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

Dutch trance music producer and DJ Armin van Buuren closed out the first night of Nocturnal Wonderland 2015 by delivering a much-anticipated, high-powered set that got everybody to their feet and left headliners wanting more once the night was over.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

Day two of Nocturnal Wonderland 2015 brought out even more performers than the first day, with many incorporating the use of body paint and intricate costumes to accentuate their acting.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

Situated away from all of the stages, headliners were provided the materials needed to make their own bracelets, necklaces and more, all of which are often times traded with other festivalgoers throughout the night. These creations are known as “kandi” among majority of headliners and for many, hold special significance.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

This mysterious and mischievous performer stood several feet above the crowd and interacted with many headliners by snatching their hats off of their heads and posing before giving them back.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

A performer dressed as an insect is an example of one of the many sophisticated costumes.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

Graham Funke performed at Nocturnal Wonderland 2015.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

Pyrotechnics played a large role throughout all of Nocturnal Wonderland’s stages, providing headliners with incredible shows and taking the energy level up another notch.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

A headliner provided a light show to others using a spinning LED toy, all while the main stage was in full swing behind her.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

A group of headliners, self-identified as the “Gluv Luv Krew,” posed for a portrait with their customized helmets. Many people spent plenty of time preparing their outfits for each day of the festival long before it actually arrived.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

Saturday night drew a larger crowd than day one as more headliners made the trip to the San Manuel Amphitheater, bringing with them a wider variety of costumes and decorations.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

Dressed up as “El Chapulín Colorado,” the main character from the famous Mexican television comedy series with the same name, these headliners celebrated their Mexican heritage while sporting one of the more original costumes of the night.

(Jose Ubeda/Daily Bruin)

Jose Ubeda