Los Angeles Zoo Roaring Nights 2015

By Owen Emerson

The Roaring Night began as people 18 and older started to pack into the park.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

Crowds of people gaze upon and pet one of the animals the Los Angeles Zoo had out for show. This lizard is the Shingleback Skink.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

The scaly Shingleback Skink looks right at me as its handled by its comforted by an Los Angeles Zoo handler.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

One of the largest attractions of the evening was a mini painting area where people could paint animals and dive into their creativity.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

A woman looks at her reflection as stylists give her a makeover at the Fetiche Beauty area.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

Women sit and their hair done while others check out the result to the side at the Fetiche Beauty area.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

Evlin Gharbigi, the owner of Fetiche Beauty Lounge, told us that Fetiche Beauty Lounge is unique because of its flat rates and amazing makeovers.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

People line up and order from a lobster food truck, one of many varieties of dining trucks that were available for the night.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

Roaring Nights did have open bars scattered around the zoo for people 21 and over.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

The Pac Men, as their eccentric and wild selves, practice backstage before their show.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

The Pac Men interacted with their audience throughout the night and brought some people on stage.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

Lead singer Sting Ray joins the crowd and dances.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

The Pac Men in their '80s song choices appealed to the crowd in both younger and old generation hearts.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

Crowds filed into the hottest area of the zoo to enjoy food trucks, the Pac Men, and a merry-go-round.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

The merry-go-round gave people a a fun and lively ride during the night.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

Deeper into the zoo features many food tucks, a larger dance floor with DJ, and a plethora of trees and tables for crowds to feast.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

Son Of A Bun and other delicious food trucks filled people's food cravings for the evening.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

The Los Angeles Zoo sign was lit up in beautiful white with a half moon as people began leaving the zoo's festivities towards the end of the night.

(Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin)

Owen Emerson