UCLA boxing at the 8th Annual Memorial Day Boxing Show

By Felicia Ramirez

Mark Calonarenos was the ring announcer for the entire showcase. He has introduced boxers in more than 800 bouts in a mere two and a half years.

(Felicia Ramirez/Daily Bruin)

Out of the blue corner and throwing a body shot is Vlad Panin, 20, from UCLA who has been with the university's boxing team for a few years now.

(Felicia Ramirez/Daily Bruin)

Jose Carillo, 20, fights opposite Panin and listens to the instructions of his coach.

(Felicia Ramirez/Daily Bruin)

Carillo defeated Panin, leading to the first loss of the night for the UCLA boxing club.

(Felicia Ramirez/Daily Bruin)

Trophies were awarded to winners of each fight.

(Felicia Ramirez/Daily Bruin)

The second fighter from the UCLA boxing team is Carlos Morales, 19, wearing the blue gloves. Fighting opposite him is Anthony Young, 26.

(Felicia Ramirez/Daily Bruin)

UCLA boxing club coach Tony Gonzalez helps his fighter come back stronger for the next round.

(Felicia Ramirez/Daily Bruin)

Ultimately, Morales did not win, and the fight went to Young. This would be the second loss of the night for the club.

(Felicia Ramirez/Daily Bruin)

In the red corner wearing the red gloves is Perdo Bringas, 26, who keeps going despite the blood from his opponent Lawrence King, 19. Bringas would later go on to win the fight.

(Felicia Ramirez/Daily Bruin)

Wearing the blue gloves is Jordan McIntre, 24, the third boxer entering the showcase for the boxing club at UCLA. He did not win the fight, and the club would not go home with any wins.

(Felicia Ramirez/Daily Bruin)

Felicia Ramirez