Friday, Aug. 14, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

UCPD looking for suspect of attempted strong-arm robbery

By Sam Hoff

University police are searching for a man wanted for attempting to hit another man and take his wallet near Chick-fil-A in Westwood Village late Sunday.

Just before 10 p.m. Sunday, the man was walking near the corner of Westwood Boulevard and Le Conte Avenue when the suspect told him to hand over his wallet, according to a UCPD statement. The man refused and tried to leave.

The suspect then “took a swing” at the man, but the man punched him first, police said. The suspect then ran southbound on Westwood Boulevard and out of sight.

The man was described as Hispanic, clean-shaven, 25-to-30 years old, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and 135 pounds with black, shoulder-length hair. He was wearing a long-sleeved T-shirt, blue jeans and black tennis shoes.

The case is still under investigation. No further information was immediately available.

Police recommend that students who face a similar situation let robbers know that they intend to comply, keep calm and observe what the robber looks like and what he or she is wearing.

Anyone with information can call UCPD at (310) 825-1491.

Compiled by Sam Hoff, Bruin senior staff.

Sam Hoff

Beverly Hills Jason, Sunset Blvd and Doheny Dr. Upper Large Studio Appartment,l arge balcony, city view, full kitchen, full bathroom, parquet floor, hot and cold water, garbage, quiet building, available now. Studio $1995,1*1 $2295 #310-991-4777 only no email please.