Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021

Community feedback surveyTracking COVID-19 at UCLACrosstown Clash 2021

UCPD searches for man who robbed woman on Westwood Boulevard

By Yael Levin

Police are searching for a man who robbed a woman early Tuesday morning on Westwood Boulevard and threatened that he had a handgun, officials said.

At about 5:15 a.m. Tuesday, the man ordered the woman to take money out of the University Credit Union ATM and give it to him, said Lt. Mark Littlestone of the university police department. He also told her he had a firearm, which the woman never saw, Littlestone added.

The woman, who is unaffiliated with UCLA, gave him $40, and he fled eastbound on Westwood Boulevard, Littlestone said.

No one was injured in the incident.

The man is described as black, 50 to 53 years old, 5 feet 10 inches and about 200 pounds, with dark hair and brown eyes.

Just before the robbery, the man was seen in the Jules Stein Eye Institute parking area with a woman who was white, about 30 years old, and had brown hair that was possibly in dreadlocks. She was also wearing a thin white jacket at the time. It is unclear whether this woman was related to the incident, as she was not at the scene when it occurred, Littlestone added.

No further information was immediately available.

Police recommend that campus community members who face a similar situation let robbers know that they intend to comply, keep calm and observe what the robber looks like and what he or she is wearing.

Anyone with information can call UCPD at (310) 825-1491.

Compiled by Yael Levin, Bruin senior staff.

Yael Levin
Help Wanted

Remote Linux System Administrator I need someone to install updates, complete some projects and to be available for emergency issues that come up now and then with my web server/asterisk PBX servers. Experience required: apache/lets encrypt, sendmail/dovecot, asterisk/freePBX, php/mysql, DNS management and configuration of network gateways Reliability, dependability and excellent communication skills are essential. In an emergency I need someone who can respond immediately, trouble shoot and diagnose the problem and fix the issue. Please call 1.805.322.0005