Sunday, Nov. 28, 2021

Community feedback surveyTracking COVID-19 at UCLACrosstown Clash 2021

ASUCLA Board of Directors recap – Jan. 30

By Shreya Maskara

Associated Students UCLA is a multimillion-dollar organization that provides student services and activities that the university does not fund. It oversees the Undergraduate Students Association Council, Graduate Students Association, Communications Board, campus services and enterprises.

Proposals

• Members approved spending about $90,000 to update the heating, ventilation and air conditioning management system in Ackerman Union and Kerckhoff Hall. The new system is expected to improve energy efficiency.
  • The board decided to hire an architect is to explore building a cafe in Powell Library.
  • Members discussed pursuing an all-gender inclusive bathroom project in Ackerman Union. Undergraduate student representative Carly Calbreath said the ASUCLA Space Initiative Ad-hoc Committee has started looking for locations for the bathrooms.

Store

• BearWear sales for the month of December were above ASUCLA budgets because rain accelerated sales of umbrellas, and because merchandise sales in the UCLA Store increased after the UCLA football’s victory over USC.
  • Licensing revenues were above budget in December because of unexpectedly high sales of UCLA-branded Jell-O.
  • ASUCLA officials plan to hold a Valentine’s Day BearWear sale Feb. 12.

Construction

• Kikka Sushi construction is still underway on the A-Level of Ackerman Union. The opening of the restaurant was delayed because of construction issues, but painting of the walls and installation of equipment is now complete.

Compiled by Shreya Maskara, Bruin contributor.

Shreya Maskara | Assistant news editor
Help Wanted

Remote Linux System Administrator I need someone to install updates, complete some projects and to be available for emergency issues that come up now and then with my web server/asterisk PBX servers. Experience required: apache/lets encrypt, sendmail/dovecot, asterisk/freePBX, php/mysql, DNS management and configuration of network gateways Reliability, dependability and excellent communication skills are essential. In an emergency I need someone who can respond immediately, trouble shoot and diagnose the problem and fix the issue. Please call 1.805.322.0005