Saturday, May 4, 2024

Susan Wojcicki to deliver Anderson commencement address

Susan Wojcicki (UCLA Anderson School of Management)

By Fernando Aquino

CEO of YouTube and UCLA Anderson School of Management alumna Susan Wojcicki will deliver the commencement address to the school’s graduating class in June.

Wojcicki currently oversees YouTube’s content and business operations, engineering and product development, and is a member of UCLA Anderson’s board of visitors. She is also one of Anderson’s “100 Inspirational Alumni.”

After obtaining her MBA from Anderson, Wojcicki was named one of Fortune’s “50 Most Powerful Women in Business,” one of Forbes’ “100 Most Powerful Women” and, in 2013, was designated one of Vanity Fair’s “50 leading innovators.”

Sergio Gonzalez, a graduating MBA student and vice president of Campus Initiatives for the Management Consulting Association, said Wojcicki is an excellent choice for commencement speaker. He said that she exemplifies the future of business and reinforces Anderson’s beliefs. Gonzalez said jobs are not cookie-cutter anymore, and Wojcicki’s innovation through YouTube shows the new ways information will be delivered in the future.

Wojcicki said her time at Anderson taught her the importance of collaboration and innovative thinking. She added that she is thrilled to come back to Westwood to address the next generation.

The ceremony will take place at 4 p.m. on June 13 in Wilson Plaza.

Compiled by Fernando Aquino, Bruin contributor.

Fernando Aquino