Sunday, May 5, 2024

Daily Bruin wins national college media awards

By Jillian Beck

The Daily Bruin placed in six categories at an annual national college media convention last week and won a Pacemaker for producing one of the nation’s best college feature magazines.

The Associated Collegiate Press/College Media Advisers convention, held in New Orleans from Wednesday to Sunday, marked the second year in a row that prime, the Daily Bruin’s quarterly magazine, won the Pacemaker. Last year, prime won the award for the first time.

At the convention, The Bruin’s Naheed Rajwani was awarded first place for Story of the Year.

Calvin Chan and Jimmy Yang received third place for Multimedia News Story of the Year and Harrison Liddiard came in fourth place for Multimedia Feature Story of the Year.

Bianca Hock and Asher Landau won fourth place for Multimedia Sports Story of the Year, Lexy Atmore won second place for Photo Slideshow and Kara Yasui won fourth place for her editorial cartoon.

The Bruin also received several honorable mentions in the following categories: Spot News PictureEnvironmental PortraitInfographicMultimedia FeatureMultimedia Sports and Photo Slideshow.

Compiled by Jillian Beck, Bruin senior staff.

Jillian Beck