Thursday, May 2, 2024

Speaks out: Freshman year

By Eitan Arom

July 22, 2013 12:00 a.m.

We asked incoming freshmen what they were most excited for– or most nervous about– coming into UCLA. Here’s what they said:

Tala Moussouras
Undeclared Humanities

“I’m most excited about being able to try different kinds of classes, because I feel like in high school we were limited in what we can learn about, and it seems like there’s a lot of opportunities here.”

Vanessa Tellez
Undeclared

“I want to get to meet different people from different culture, because where I’m from it’s mostly Latinos and Mexican-Americans. I’m scared, but I want to get to know everyone.”

Dominic Filice
Undeclared

“I’m most excited about the challenge of the classes, and being able to pick the classes that I think I might want to have a career in.”

Kera Kwan
Neuroscience

“The setting of the classroom will be different then high school.”

Connor Gehris
Psychobiology

“Everybody I’ve met is so nice, and everybody is so excited about being here. I think it’s really cool to be with a group of students that are just excited as you are.”

Lily Nguyen
Psychobiology

“I’m most excited to dorm. It’s a totally new experience. I get to be completely independent, and it’s a really good feeling.”

Eitan Arom