Bruins receive Pac-12 awards, honors

By Daily Bruin

The original version of this article contained an error and has been changed. See the bottom of the article for additional information.

Two days after winning the Pac-12 regular season championship, UCLA was handsomely rewarded when the Pac-12 announced its all-conference awards on Monday, as selected by the conference’s coaches.

Freshman Shabazz Muhammad was named Co-Freshman of the Year with Arizona State’s Jahii Carson. Muhammad, along with redshirt senior point guard Larry Drew II, earned first team honors while freshman Kyle Anderson was named to the second team.

Muhammad and Anderson also made the All-Freshman team. Freshman Jordan Adams was selected as a freshman honorable mention as he received at least three votes.

No UCLA players were named to the All-Defensive team.

California’s Allen Crabbe earned Pac-12 Player of the Year honors after leading the conference in scoring. Colorado’s Andre Roberson is the defensive player of the year. Stanford’s Dwight Powell is the conference’s most improved player. Oregon’s Dana Altman was selected as the John Wooden Coach of the Year.

The No. 21 Bruins (23-8, 13-5 Pac-12) will play their first game of the Pac-12 Tournament on Thursday at noon. They await the winner of Wednesday afternoon’s game, which is between No. 8 seed Stanford and No. 9 seed Arizona State.

Compiled by Sam Strong, Bruin Sports senior staff.

Correction: The Bruins are ranked at No. 21.

Daily Bruin