Anderson School of Management receives $3 million donation from alum

By Daily Bruin

The UCLA Anderson School of Management received a $3 million donation from businessman and Anderson alumnus, Hans Hufschmid on Tuesday that will create a new management chair position.

The donation will go toward an endowment that will fund the programming and salary of the Hans Hufschmid Chair in Management, said Judy Olian, dean of the Anderson school.

The person in this position will serve as an intellectual leader in the school and specialize in finance, entrepreneurial behavior, strategic leadership, information technology operations or global markets, according to a university statement released earlier this week.

Anderson officials are in the process of searching for a current or outside faculty member to take on the position, Olian said.

Anderson officials hope the chair will serve as a recruiting tool to bring more faculty to the school.

“This enables us to recruit and retain fantastic faculty,” Olian said. “And the best faculty lead to the best students.”
Hufschmid, who works with financial technology products and services, thanked Anderson’s role in his success, according to the statement.

“The financial training I received at UCLA Anderson and my experiences there were pivotal in shaping my professional career,” he said in the statement. “It’s gratifying to be able to give back and to know that this gift will help the school for generations to come.”

Compiled by Erin Donnelly, Bruin senior staff.

Daily Bruin