Friday, June 5, 2020

Advertise

There is no curfew in Los Angeles tonight. Follow our coverage of countywide protests against racial injustice here.

A voice from 'The Vagina Monologues'

By Taylor Erickson

March 7, 2012 12:59 am

Mar. 7, 2012 – This past weekend, second-year communications and international development studies student Kausar Mohammed was a co-producer and performer in “The Vagina Monologues.” Famous for its unabashed bluntness, “The Vagina Monologues” is an episodic play that recounts true stories relating to female sexuality. It addresses issues ranging from rape and domestic violence, to tampons and types of clothing a vagina would wear. The on-campus production was sponsored by the Social Awareness Network for Activism through Art and the Bruin Feminists For Equality, to raise funds and awareness for V-Day, an international organization with a mission to end violence against women. The Daily Bruin speaks with Mohammed to discuss her views on feminism as well as the play’s criticisms.

[5:41]

Taylor Erickson

Ariel Court-535 Gayley Ave. Private studio and 1 bdrm apartments available for Summer and/or Fall. Walk across the street to campus! Parking, pool & fitness ctr. at property. Specials up to 2 Months Free! Studios from $2,099 & 1×1 from $2,400. Mention this ad for $0 Application fee (310) 208-3818 www.decron.com