University police investigating robbery on Landfair Avenue

By Daily Bruin

This article was updated Jan. 28 at 12:11 a.m.

University police are currently investigating a robbery that reportedly took place near the 400 block of Landfair Avenue early Saturday morning.

At about 1:30 a.m. Saturday, a man who is not connected to UCLA was walking north on Landfair Avenue toward Gayley Avenue, when two men grabbed him from behind, according to a police report.

One of the men allegedly pinned the person’s arm while the other man punched him several times and then stole his cell phone, wallet and car keys. The men then fled west on Gayley Avenue, the report stated.

The man who was robbed received a few minor cuts to the forehead, according to the report.

Police recommend students remain aware of their surroundings when walking alone at night. When confronted by a robber, students should comply with the robber’s requests and get a detailed description of what the person looked like.

Both men connected with Saturday’s robbery were described in the police report as black, about 20-30 years old and about 6 feet tall. They were wearing dark hooded jackets at the time of the incident, according to the report.

The report stated that the man who allegedly punched and robbed the person had a medium build, while the man who held the person’s arms had a thin build.

Anyone with information about the incident can contact UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Compiled by Erin Donnelly, Bruin senior staff.

Daily Bruin