The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government representing the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a livestream of the meetings on the USAC Live! channel on YouTube, which can be accessed with a ucla.edu account.
- The council approved a bylaw change such that the Contingency Programming Fund will no longer receive 10 percent of the UCLA membership fee that funds USAC.
- The council allocated $9,000 from the 10 percent membership-fee surplus to the discretionary fund, which now has a total of $19,000. The council amended the budget for the fiscal year, adding a user fee on campus programs, such as Dance Marathon and Bruin Bash, in order to hire an additional staff member who will help process and allocate financial resources directed to such programs.
- The council appointed Saori Darlene Borrayo, a rising second-year English student, as the fourth activities committee appointee.
- The council said they will begin to draft a public statement in response to a UCLA graduate student who was found to be a participant in the Charlottesville “Unite the Right” protests.
- USAC President Claire Fieldman said that applications are open for positions on the campus programs committee, judicial board, election board and communications board. Fieldman added that an interest form showcasing all USAC internship opportunities will be released in August.
- Internal Vice President Robert Blake Watson said his office is scheduling an off-campus living fair. Watson added that his office has been collaborating with Facilities Commissioner Julia Ho-Gonzalez and Student Wellness Commissioner George Louis Faour to create a redistribution center for Good Clothes Good People donations and hygiene products in the Student Activities Center.