Friday, November 16

No Offense, But: Report cards

radio.nooffense10.18

No Offense is back for another week! Join Opinion editor Keshav Tadimeti and assistant Opinion editor Abhishek Shetty as they talk about the University of California Student Association’s plan to grade UC Regents on their engagement with students. They also discuss UCLA Housing’s eventful Twitter feed.

Opinion editor

Tadimeti is the Daily Bruin's Opinion editor. He was the Opinion editor in the 2017-2018 school year and an assistant Opinion editor in the 2016-2017 school year. He tends to write about issues pertaining to the higher education, state politics and the administration, and blogs occasionally about computer science. Tadimeti is also the executive producer of the "No Offense, But" and "In the Know" Daily Bruin Opinion podcasts.

Opinion columnist

Shetty is a senior staffer in the Opinion section. He was an assistant Opinion editor in the 2017-2018 school year and previously contributed as an opinion columnist. He writes about topics including the undergraduate student government and the UCLA administration.

• Kevin Sabo

Regents serve 12 year terms. They’re almost always reappointed so they could serve almost three decades on the Board.

And the analogy of Regents as a corporate board of directors is absurd. It would not be like engaging a company’s consumers. It’d be like engaging the people who now contribute the largest share of the UC’s budget and are regularly screwed by their almost-annual tuition increases.

The least they could do.

• Kevin Sabo

And didn’t Rafi literally leave the Daily Bruin to run for EVP…

• Kevin Sabo

“Wow. This is a real role reversal!”

Yes. That’s the point.