Saturday, October 20

Radio: No Offense, But: 2017 USAC election

Vivy Li, an independent candidate for internal vice president, beat BU candidate Neha Quraishi and won the seat with more than 54 percent of the vote. (Dayoung Lee/Daily Bruin)

No Offense is back and here to talk about the undergraduate student government elections. Keshav Tadimeti and opinion columnist Abhishek Shetty are joined by News senior staffers Catherine Feliciano and Rupan Bharanidaran to discuss this year’s results and shed some light on the future of UCLA slate politics.

Opinion editor

Tadimeti is the Daily Bruin's Opinion editor. He was the Opinion editor in the 2017-2018 school year and an assistant Opinion editor in the 2016-2017 school year. He tends to write about issues pertaining to the higher education, state politics and the administration, and blogs occasionally about computer science. Tadimeti is also the executive producer of the "No Offense, But" and "In the Know" Daily Bruin Opinion podcasts.

Opinion columnist

Shetty is a senior staffer in the Opinion section. He was an assistant Opinion editor in the 2017-2018 school year and previously contributed as an opinion columnist. He writes about topics including the undergraduate student government and the UCLA administration.

Catherine Liberty Feliciano was a news reporter and a staff representative on the Daily Bruin Editorial Board. She wrote stories about Westwood, research and student life. She dabbled in video journalism and frequently wrote #ThrowbackThursday blogs. Feliciano was an assistant Opinion editor in the 2015-2016 school year.

News editor

Bharanidaran is the News editor. He was previously a news reporter for the campus politics beat, covering student government and the UCLA administration.